FULL TITLE: "Building a Workflow to Scale Up Your Digital Collections"
OVERVIEW: From local initiatives to broad mandates like NARA's M-19-21, the demand for increased access to records and archival content only continues to grow.
So, where do you start? What material types lend themselves to quickly expanding a digital archive? How do you prepare materials for digitization? What steps does your team already have the technology and expertise to manage? Where could partnering with a service provider streamline your process and help you produce more digital content?
In this presentation, we'll explore creating a digital imaging workflow that fits your organization. Topics will include:
- Inventory, assessment, and selection
- Considering access and preservation needs
- Defining the scope of a digitization project
- Planning for timeline, staffing, and budget
- Leveraging your team’s strengths
- Partnering with vendors
- Working with standards, guidelines, and metadata requirements
PRESENTERS: Kelly Barrall, Vice President of Digitization Services, Backstage Library Works, and Thomas Forsythe, Senior Representative for Government Accounts, Backstage Library Works